Stay strong through the lessons, they’re there to teach and guide you along your journey.
Wow, what a year 2019 was. A year that turned everything I thought I wanted on its head, and gave me everything I actually needed.
- It’s honestly true that you really can have anything you want in life but you have to stay patient and keep the faith. Some things take decades to manifest, others you just aren’t ready for yet.
- You deserve to do the things that make your soul happy and boost you up. That’s a bare minimum, don’t settle for less.
- People change and sometimes the bare minimum you’d expect from those closest to you just doesn’t manifest. It’s ok to be disappointed, you aren’t asking for too much. It’s also ok to create some distance from those people for your own wellbeing. Fill your cup first, then you can be yourself at even greater level than you were before.
- Sometimes really bad things happen to really good people and the world keeps revolving. You can be going through some really tough life battles and people will still complain about their own problems, which will be minimal in comparison. *shrug* keep going, take it day-by-day and allow time to create the distance from your wound.
- There isn’t enough importance put on the need for self love. Nobody teaches you how to love or even like yourself growing up, so we need to find our own perfect formula to allow us to heal from whatever troubles us. I try to get weekly or bi-weekly self care routine in depending on how busy my schedule is. Meditation, candles, sage smudge sticks, affirmations, lush bath bombs, epsom salts…anything that pulls you back to your roots and keeps you feeling true to your purpose.
- Always speak your truth. Allow yourself to let a bit of wild slip out and embrace the quirks that make you, you. Let the world or at least those closest to you know what lights you up. Everyone has their own little spark and this is what makes them unique and wonderful, it’s nothing to be ashamed of or to hide.
- You can’t tell someone how to narrate their story, even if your part in it seems wildly untrue. People worth your time won’t doubt you or will at least understand if they ask about it. This has been a big one for me, I’ve always hated injustice and being painted as a bad person. People make opinions and voice truths on the lives they’ve lived. It has no reflection on you or your life.
- Take the lessons from every experience, sometimes it’s redirection rather than rejection. In my experience and through hindsight, these have always been the most valuable things to have happened in my life.
- Everyone will have an opinion, and whether it’s useful or not to where you are or where you want to be, they’re probably going to tell you all about it! Try not to absorb any negativity or spend time worrying about things or people that don’t add any value to where you want to be in life.
- Embrace each day as though it was your choice to live on Earth doing what you are doing here today. Let’s face it, you did choose your life to be this way through many decisions over time. We only have a certain amount of days allotted for each of our lifetimes. If you knew how many days you had left would you live differently?
- If something is truly meant to be yours you won’t lose it, not really.
- When something’s right for you, you’ll just know. It will be both fudging fantastic yet still challenging enough to be worth it.
- You can evolve into that person you were put here to be in an instant. You don’t need permission or aproval.
- There’s so much power in having a good support network, find your tribe and boost each other up.
- Don’t force yourself to pursue things that don’t light you up because they are the things you think you should be doing.
- You are one decision away from a completely different life. FACT!
What did last year teach you? Add it in the comments below.